See list below images for identification of each subject by number. Click on image to enlarge.
1. Sandy creek floor through rippling water
3. Weathered wood snag
5. Water flow sand pattern
7. Lichen on basalt rock
9. Sea foam
11. Ponderosa pine bark
13. Junco feather 21X
15. Maple tree bark
17. Light painting
2. Vellela underside structure
4. Low-angle sunlight on ocean surface (inverted)
6. Sandy creek floor through rippling water
8. Rain drops on wood
12. Begonia flower center 12X
14. Wind-sculpted sandstone
16. Beach sand pattern
18. Grass tree bark
Newspaper Rock State Historic Monument
Petroglyphs at least 2000 years old left by various cultures at different times.
Pictographs (red figures) and petroglyphs left by various cultures between 400 and 4000 years ago. In one image, conversion of color to black and white with adjustment of the red channel was used to bring out the faded pigment.
All photos copyright Fred V Schneider